Thursday, June 4, 2009

Boating the Boat


Hit a local bar last night. Mike immediately ran into some girl he was dating. She is about 4’ 11”. We watched the band for a minute and had a few beers. Having a few beers in this elevation is like drinking from the bottle. The tiny girl, mike and I made our way back in the cold to his place. I begged the girl to participate in A Christmas Carol reenactment, where I would be Cratchit and she would be Tiny Tim. This is the scene where Tim is carried on his father’s shoulder on home on Christmas Eve. She agreed and moments letter we both did a face plant into the street.


Today I rode down about 3000’ of elevation on some Frankenstein mountain bike. The trail switched back and forth along a mountain spring and let into the town below. After the ride about 7 of us hopped in a raft and rafted the Yampa river. Because I am fat (really fat compared to all these skinnies out here) I was up front. This enabled me to get the wettest and act as a self esteem booster for all on board. The float was great and the water was fast and cold from all the snow melt feeding it. We passed by the town on our right and mountain peaks to our left. Maybe do the exact same thing tomorrow.

1 comment: